A holiday to remember for couples or small families.
Summerhays Cottage, Cape Woolamai, Phillip Island, Australia, offers self-contained motel style accommodation in a spacious cottage bordered by a tranquil garden with a large deck area. It is close to beaches, nature walks, Churchill Island, San Remo, Newhaven, Rhyll, Cowes and many other sites and activities. Perfect for two; just right for two + one.
Need more space? Ask about our house.
A charming cottage with bedroom area, kitchenette, separate bathroom/toilet, separate sitting room, several deck areas, BBQ, separate laundry and a delightful, shady garden.
Summerhays Cottage is central for swimming, surfing, fishing, boating, walking, exploring, shopping, or just reading and relaxing in the garden.
- Bedroom area
- Queen bed with side tables and lamps
- Single bed
- Folding cot (on request)
- All bed linen, pillows etc.
- Reverse cycle airconditioning
- Additional fan & heater
- Table & chairs for 2 or 3
- Fridge, sink, dish washing materials, tea towel & hand towel
- Electric jug, toaster, microwave, sandwich maker
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses etc.
- Tea, coffee, sugar - byo food
- Bathroom area
- Towels - byo toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Sitting room
- Free to air digital TV (not Foxtel) and DVD player.
- Coffee table
- Variety of deck furniture
- Laundry with washing machine, pegs, brooms etc.
To help us keep Summerhays Cottage as you would like to find it, we ask that:
- 3 minutes walk from safety beaches
- 4 minutes walk from local shops
- 10 minutes walk from the Chocolate Factory & Phillip Island Tourist Information Centre
- 5 minutes drive from Cape Woolamai surf beaches and nature walks
- 5 minutes drive, or 30-45 minutes walk, from Churchill Island, Newhaven & San Remo
- 15 - 20 minutes drive in one direction to Wonthaggi and in the other direction to anywhere on the island.
- You don't smoke anywhere on the property.
- You don't bring any pets.
- You are respectful of our neighbours' right to a quiet night's sleep.
- You place your rubbish in the bins.
- Peak Season
Monday prior to Motorcycle GP weekend through to Sunday after Easter.
- Peak 12/13
Monday 22/10/2012 to Sunday 07/04/2013
- Peak 13/14
Monday 14/10/2013 to Sunday 27/04/2014
- Minimum stay two nights. Total paid in advance by EFT or cheque.
- Children under 3 - free, children 3 to 12 - $20 per night
- A bond may be required in some circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change prices, details and information at any time without notice.
- Payment implies acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- Directions and access details will be emailed or posted on receipt of payment.
- Sample rates based on a couple.
- Please ask about other possibilities.
- One queen, one single, room for a cot.
- First 2 nights - $280, additional nights - $90, 7 nights - $640
- First 2 nights - $200, additional nights - $80, 7 nights - $520
- Sample rates based on 2 adults + 2 children.
- Please ask about other possibilities.
- One queen, two single, can sleep up to 8 under some circumstances.
- First 2 nights - $400, additional nights - $140, 7 nights - $960
- First 2 nights - $320, additional nights - $130, 7 nights - $740
Your host & hostess:
- Doug. Williams & Ina Koetsier
- Mob: 0403 133 710 ... from beyond Australia + 61 403 133 710
- Tel: 03 9726 6968 ... from beyond Australia + 61 3 9726 6968
- Fax: 03 9727 4644 ... from beyond Australia + 61 3 9727 4644
- Thanks for the use of your cottage. It worked really well for us. A great reflective time. And we enjoyed the island very much.
Kerrie & Charles, Queenscliff
- Thanks to you and Ina. We had a great time. Did a lot of walking and sight seeing. We will pass the word around re. your cottage. It's a beautiful place.
Sukanthi & Senaka, Melbourne
- Thank you for a lovely stay! Very relaxing.
Tania, Aiden, Sienna & Oliver, Melbourne
- As usual we had a great time on Phillip Island and thank you for your hospitality which made our weekend all the more enjoyable. We look forward to our next weekend on the Island.
Peter, Peter & Dave, Canberra
- Thank you for a wonderful stay Doug and Ina. We loved it!
Alli & Steve, Melbourne
- Great place! Thank you for having me.
- Thank you for a very nice holiday. It was a great 86th birthday.
Glenda & Hazel, Darwin & Melbourne
- We had a lovely stay. Thank you!! Your house is beautiful and we'd recommend to anyone to stay there.
- We had a peaceful and relaxing stay. Thank you so much!
Herbert and family, Melbourne
- Great place to wind down and prepare for a challenging journey. Thank you Doug and Ina.
Peter & Carmel, Vincentia, NSW
- What a wonderful start to the new year. Thank you Doug & Ina, for your welcoming smile and hospitality made our stay enjoyable. Your beautiful landscaped garden and a great cottage retreat was perfectly suited to our family of 3. Thank you kindly.
Tony, Fotina & Danielle, Melbourne
- I had such a fantastic weekend. The cottage is perfect. We will be back and will recommend it to friends.
- As always we loved staying at Summerhays and a big thanks again.
Andrew & Delma, Sydney
- Thanks. God Bless.
Shen family, Melbourne
- Spent a pleasant four days in quirky Summerhays Cottage exploring the delights of Phillip Island. Friendly, welcoming hosts, perfect little cottage in idyllic garden setting
Paul, Janet, Belfast, and grandson Jarrah, Melbourne
- Thanks. Everything for our comfort and more.
Janice & Paul, Melbourne
- Thank you for great accommodation. We had a great weekend, weather and all...the cottage is very cleverly set up, we appreciate the effort put into it...pretty sure we'll be back some time in the future.
Snez & Vel, Melbourne
- Thank you for being so helpful and for your lovely cottage, beautiful garden and time of relaxation. Many thanks! Loved our little visitor in the secret garden too. Laura loved the Chocolate Factory too! Thanks for a warm welcome and for making us feel at home right throughout our visit. We've thoroughly enjoyed our time here and will be in touch next time we visit the Island.
Colin, Amanda & Laura, Tarneit
- We enjoyed Christmas holiday with lovely cottage. Comfortable & peaceful & relaxed. We'd never forget this lovely garden.
Sung Jin & Julie, Melbourne
- A lovely cottage - we enjoyed our time here and return home refreshed. Great weather, great area - Many thanks!
Janet & Arthur, Melbourne
- This is a wonderful retreat, great value and we will be recommending it to our friends.
Sonia & James, Melbourne
- Thank you for a lovely weekend retreat. We love your home and felt very relaxed! We will be back!
Kim, Veronica & Ryan, Patterson Lakes
- Thank you Doug & Ina for a lovely, albeit short, honeymoon in your gorgeous getaway. We had a peaceful, cosy time and recharged our batteries ready for four kids home for school holidays.
Tania & Dave, Montrose
- So glad we won the auction at the Trivia Night to come here! It was warm inside while freezing outside. Thank you so much. Loved your recommendation of the old picture theatre.
Nicole & Darren, Mt. Egerton
- Thank you Doug & Ina. You both made us feel right at home & Zach loved using Doug's secret magic path! Can't wait to come back!
Kim & Zach
- Dear Doug & Ina,
What a lovely little hideaway! Thank you for your warm welcome and your assistance throughout our stay.
Paola, Greg & Clarissa
- Thanks a lot Doug and Ina. We enjoyed our stay here. Beautiful place, we will come again!!!
Mujib, Shazia & Ameen
- We didn't know before that Paradise was on the other end of the globe. And we didn't know that it was possible to get there without dying. Now we know! Thanks for the lesson.
Kristina & Jan, Sweden
- Thanks again Doug & Ina! Great House, Great Race. Looking forward to our stay in October 2011.
Andrew, Colin & Henry, NSW
- Thanks Doug. You have a great set up. Pencil us in for 2010.
Flaxman brothers, Qld
- Thank you heaps for your hospitality and tourism ideas during our stay. We will definitely be recommending this place to family and friends. I'm not sure when but we will be back at some stage for another holiday.
Paul, Chrissy, Isabel & Isiah, Geelong
- Had a great time at the cottage and on the island. Quite a memorable stay all round. Once again many thanks and look forward forward to calling you up again when I have time for another break!
- We've had a wonderful four days on the island, surfing, fishing. Thank you for sharing your lovely house with us.
Tim & Sally, Melbourne
- We had a wonderful time despite Scottish wind/rain to make us feel at home. Koalas, & penguins were magical and the sun shone for all our walks. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Andrew & Margaret, Scotland
- I had a wonderful time on the Island. All the animals! Nature! And such a beautiful house! Thank you.
- Thank you very much for your hospitality. We really enjoyed ourselves! Would love to come again. Great 'honeymoon' memory. Thank you.
Mets & Vanessa, Queensland